Subscribe on your favorite podcast catcher:
Apple Podcasts | Android | CastBox | Google Podcasts | PocketCasts | PodBean | Stitcher | RadioPublic | TuneIn | Blubrry | RSS
Resurrection Mary is one of Chicago‘s most famous ghosts.
And, having been featured on paranormal shows like Unsolved Mysteries, In Search Of, and Arthur C. Clarke’s World of Strange Powers, she might just be the most famous Vanishing Hitchhiker in the world.
For decades, people fascinated with the story have been trying to answer the question: Who was she?
And, over the years, a number of “candidates” have been put forth.
Mary Bregovy was the daughter of Czechoslovakian immigrants who died in a car crash after a night at the Oh Henry Ballroom in the 1930s. And, like the girl in the Resurrection Mary legend, she had lived on Damen Avenue.
But, despite people who knew her while she was alive having reported seeing her on Archer Avenue after her death, Mary Bregovy didn’t look like the girl who is normally described in Resurrection Mary sightings.
On this episode, we discuss how she fits into the Resurrection Mary legend.
Article: Chicago Tribune article from March 12, 1934 describing the accident which killed Mary Bregovy (Source: Newspapers.com).
Our Other Podcasts on This Story
- Resurrection Mary, Part 1: Mary Miskowski (Patreon Exclusive)
- Resurrection Mary, Part 3: Anna Marija Norkus (Patreon Exclusive)
- Resurrection Mary, Part 4: Mary Kovac
- The Ghosts of Chicago: The Windy City’s Most Famous Haunts by Adam Selzer
- Chicago’s Street Guide to the Supernatural: A Guide to Haunted and Legendary Places in and near the Windy City by Richard T. Crowe
Other Suggested Podcasts on This Story
- Ep 102: Resurrection Mary Part 1 by Astonishing Legends
- Ep 103: Resurrection Mary Part 2 by Astonishing Legends
- Ep 104: Resurrection Mary Part 3 by Astonishing Legends
- Ep 105: Resurrection Mary Part 4 by Astonishing Legends
- Resurrection Mary Roundtable by Chicago Unbelievable
- The Last Dance of Mary Bregovy by Troy Taylor at American Hauntings
- Resurrection Mary: The Queen of Chicago’s Haunted Archer Avenue by Ursula Bielski at ChicagoHauntings.com
- Resurrection Mary: Mary Bregovy? by Adam Selzer at Mysterious Chicago
- Possibly the “most loved” Ghost in Chicagoland by Raymond Johnson at Chicago’s Haunt Detective
You must be logged in to post a comment.